Jeffrey A. Peters
Jeff is an AV® Preeminent™ Rated civil litigation and trial attorney, which is the highest rating attainable through Martindale Hubbell.
Jeff has developed particular expertise in representing health care providers, including individual physicians and providers, as well as some of the largest healthcare providers in the country.
Jeff represents a Fortune Global 500 international healthcare provider, whom he advises and represents at all phases of disputes, from initial reporting and investigation to litigation. Similarly, Jeff has the privilege of representing one of the largest hospitals in the southeast, in all phases of investigation and litigation. He considers it a privilege to represent individual physicians, PA's, nurses, nurse practitioners and others in the healthcare industry.
Jeff was born raised in the Atlanta area and has deep roots in the Georgia legal and law enforcement community. As a result, he is frequently called upon by out of state clients and counsel to assist in disputes here in Georgia and in the Atlanta area in particular. He handles product liability matters, including product exposure cases, commercial disputes, construction matters, class actions, and insurance coverage disputes, among others. He has represented a number of entities in asbestos exposure cases in both Alabama and Georgia.
Recent trial results include the following:
- Defense verdict on behalf of radiologist in Douglas County, Georgia in case alleging over $23 million in damages resulting from alleged mis-management and mis-diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Defense verdict on behalf of OB/Gyn in matter in Dekalb County, Georgia involving shoulder dystocia resulting in 5-nerve brachial plexus injury and permanent arm and shoulder impairment.
- Defense verdict after a 7 day trial on behalf of a primary care physician in Gwinnett County, Georgia, involving the death of a 57 year old father and stepfather of 12 due to aortic dissection.
- Defense verdict on behalf of 3 obstetricians and their group in DeKalb County, Georgia, relating to a still born infant.
- Defense verdict on behalf of a psychiatrist in Clayton County, Georgia, relating to the death of an inpatient under client's care.